The WorldSkills Jamaica National Skills Competitions caters to all working age Jamaicans engaged in skills training. This competition provides an excellent opportunity for these persons to showcase their competencies and compete against their counterparts locally.
It is also used as a means of preparing competitors for the WorldSkills International Skills Competition. The competition is open to individuals in public and private schools, tertiary institutions, and HEART Trust/NTA institutions.
The WorldSkills Competition is our flagship event, held biennially in a Member country or region.
Competitors from over 75 countries and regions compete in more than 45 different skills.
The Competitors are all under the age of 23 years (except for four skills that have the age limit of 25).
This is a multifaceted event that is considered to be the global meeting place for government, education, industry, and association leaders to discuss relevant and important issues related to skills worldwide.
1. Showcase the skills, knowledge and positive attitudes in the TVET system.
2. Promote TVET through healthy competition.
3. Showcase the institutions contributing to the
development of TVET.
4. Develop and strengthen the partnership between TVET
institutions and companies/firms and trade unions.
5. Create a benchmarking activity that will enable the
assessment of the quality of the outputs of the TVET system.
6. To raise greater awareness and interests in TVET by exposing
youth to a variety of skills in TVET.